In Media, we were supposed to have interviewed four individuals about their view on media and how it impacts their daily lives. I chose people within my sphere, but of all different backgrounds: my sister who is 12yrs. old, my mom's boyfriend who is a 48yrs. old Caucasian man, my Cambodian friend Meng Lean, and my boyfriend who is attending college. I had no predetermined intent on picking them; I did it mainly because of the convenience, and we were to interview people who were not all the same. The results were quite surprising, because all though they all seem to be different, they all seemed to be on the same page when answering the questions I'd asked them. What the media meant to them was any source where people received their news from. That was the most common assumption amongst my interviewees; but although they weren't too far from the truth they did not completely it on the nail. The discussion in my Media Lit. class revealed to me is that media is absolutely anything that conveys a message to us, whether it be a logo, to music, to even the artcle of clothing on your back. Not one of my interviewees believed that they could live without some form of media, because we live in such a day in age that the idea of it is quite unfathamable. One of the questions I had chosen to ask my interviewees was, weather they believed that the media exaggerated, or twisted their stories. They all agreed that it was true, but they thought that it is necessary for them to do that because they "must" appeal to their audiences.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment